This article is related to a series of Geolocation challenges posted on Hacktoria. This article is specific for Geolocation 25. This geolocation challenge is now not available on Hackoria. You can still practice these challenges to polish your skills.
The challenge is to geolocate the given image.
The screenshot of the challenge is given below:
Let’s try to solve this challenge.
First try to find clues on a given image of geolocation.
- Given image is a screenshot of Google street view.
- Cars drive on the right side of the road.
- Readable hospital is “Saint Joseph Hospital”. First part is unreadable except for the word “National”.
- It is the main entrance of the hospital.
- Valet parking is also available.
Let’s try to reverse image search
Almost all of the search results show that it is Saint Joseph Hospital.
Full name of the hospital is “National Jewish Health Saint Joseph Hospital”. Try to search on Google with these keywords.
By searching we got the exact address of the hospital and now we will go to google Earth to verify it.
Here is the hospital building and now watch it through Google Street View.
Here is the same view we got as given in the challenge. Here you can verify all of the points discussed in the beginning.
Here the challenge is completed. Kindly share it if you like. Thank you. See you in the next challenge.